Container Kitchens and Shops OHS Policy
This document sets out the Occupational Health & Safety (OHS)Â requirements and the companyâ€™s commitment to ensure a safe andÂ healthy working environment.
Objectives – Policy statement
- Container Kitchens & Shops (â€œThe Companyâ€) is committed to ensuring a safeÂ and healthy working environment for all staff employed by The Company, in accordance with its legislative obligations.
- The company is also committed to injury management aimed at the earlyÂ and safe return to work of injured staff, in accordance with its legislativeÂ obligations.
- The company is committed to regular OHS consultation with staff and theirÂ representatives and, where necessary, with contractors and suppliers ofÂ equipment and services, to ensure that occupational health and safetyÂ management is of the highest standard.
- This policy applies to employees of Container Kitchens & Shops and contractorsÂ while visiting or conducting business in company workplaces & otherÂ designated work areas and while participating in authorised companyÂ activities outside of company workplaces.
- The companyâ€™s OHS policy involves implementing occupational health andÂ safety to ensure a safe and healthy working environment for all.
- This policy is in accordance with the relevant state & federalÂ Acts &Â Regulations
Responsibilities and delegations
- The Director(s) will ensure that OHS responsibilities areÂ appropriately defined and that staff receive the training and resources theyÂ need to carry out their OHS responsibilities competently.
- The Director(s) acknowledge that they have a primaryÂ responsibility for the health and safety of those who work under theirÂ direction.
- All managers have a duty to provide and maintain, as far as practicable, aÂ working environment and conditions that are safe and without risks to health.
- Employees will:
- Comply with their obligations under theÂ OHS Act.
- Take reasonable care to ensure the health and safety of themselves,Â and others under their supervision at work.
- Cooperate with the company as far as necessary to enable complianceÂ with any requirement under theÂ OHS Act.
- Contribute to the company meetings its OHS strategic plan andÂ performance levels by complying with OHS procedures.
- Assist the company with its OHS obligations by reporting and recordingÂ all incidents and hazards that may cause injury or illness.
- Participate in training arranged to support the implementation of thisÂ policy
- Cooperate in any return to work plan developed for injured staff.
Monitoring, evaluation and reporting requirements
- This policy will be reviewed each year and at other times if any significantÂ new information or legislative or organisational change warrants a change inÂ this document.